HYFY integrates seamlessly with all versions of Jira:
Resolve faster in Jira / Service Desk.
Go home early.
HYFY is a reimagined screen recording tool that drastically reduces the time it takes to create or update a Jira issue or service desk request with video and audio feedback.
Unlike other screen capture tools, HYFY only requires a few clicks to share videos directly into Jira. In fact, it’s often easier to create or update an issue from within HYFY than it is from Jira itself!
Create new Jira issues directly from HYFY.
Update existing Jira issues with video feedback.
HYFY videos are viewable by anyone, no software to install.
Installation HOW TO
Watch this short tutorial on installing the HYFY Jira add-on:
Or you can run through the steps here:
Installing HYFY Screen Video Capture for Jira involves 2 components:
- (Admin) Installing and configuring a Jira add-on
- (Users) Installing a Google Chrome extension
1. (Admin) Install HYFY add-on into your Jira instance
- In Jira, go to "Administration" and then "Add-ons" to open the "Atlassian Marketplace for Jira"
- In the search box, type "hyfy" and then hit enter to search
- In the list of search results, find "HYFY Screen Video Capture for Jira" and click the "Install" button
- When asked to "Confirm add-on installation" click "Accept & install"
- Once the add-on is installed, you'll see "Installed and ready to go!" - click "Close"
2. (Admin) Create an application link in your Jira instance
- In Jira, go to "Administration" and then "Applications"
- In the left sidebar, select "Application links" under "Integrations"
- In the text box where it says "Enter the URL of the application..." enter the following: "https://app.hyfy.io"
- Click "Create new link"
- In the "Link applications" dialog that appears, enter "HYFY" for the "Application Name" and click "Continue"
- In the updated list of application links, find "HYFY" and click the "pencil" icon to edit
- Click "Incoming authentication"
- Click "Enable" and then "Close"
3. (Users) Install HYFY Screen Recorder Google Chrome extension
Any Jira user will be able to view HYFY screen recordings in Jira issues. Users that want to create screen recordings will need to install the HYFY Google Chrome extension as follows:
- Using Google Chrome, visit https://www.hyfy.io/ and click "Install HYFY for Chrome"
- Chrome will display a permissions dialog titled "Add HYFY Screen Recorder" - click "Add extension"
- Chrome may ask "chrome-extension://kfhkikpdmehlpkaiplafjkaicdljldcf wants to use your microphone" - click "Allow"
- Sign Up / Sign In
- New HYFY users can Sign-up using a social account or with a new username/password
- Existing HYFY users can click "Existing user" and sign-in with existing credentials
- Once the welcome page displays, the user is ready to record by clicking the "H" icon in the browser toolbar!
- IMPORTANT: when you purchase the HYFY Jira add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace, you will be granted the appropriate number of license codes to unlock the BUSINESS version of the HYFY Chrome extension. You can provide these to users who will need to enter them into the "License Code" text box here: https://app.hyfy.io/accounts/details/